Following a brief hospital stay, you will be discharged to home with specific written instructions. You will also be given the following direcitons:
- Rest for 24 hours following the procedure
- Avoid raising your arm on the side with the device for two weeks. Raising the arm could cause the leads (wires) to be pulled out.
- Avoid strenuous lifting or repetitive activities such as swimming, golfing, fishing or weight lifting for six weeks post implantation.
- You may be discharged home with a sling or arm restraint from the hospital. Please use that for the first week post implantation if you have difficulties remembering to keep your arm below your shoulder level.
- Report dizziness, hiccups, chest pain or fainting to your doctor.
- Do not wear any tight clothing over the incision for the first week.