Phase two: cardiac rehabilitation after your hospitalization
After you are discharged from the hospital, you are invited to continue your journey to better health by attending the phase two program of cardiac rehabilitation. Here, you will receive more specialized instruction and participate in a recovery program that includes exercise, diet and stress management.
Exercise (three times a week)
- Duration of program based on individual need.
- Designed to meet individual endurance/fitness needs.
- Supervised by a nurse and exercise therapist; cardiologists available each exercise session.
- Telemetry to monitor heart rhythm.
Education (once a week)
- Cardiac disease.
- Modifying cardiac risk factors.
- Heart-healthy diet.
- Benefits of exercise.
- Emotional adjustment.
- Questions and answers with a cardiologist.
Stress management (once a week)
- Recognize stressors.
- Develop coping skills.
Movement classes (once a week or more)