Share your time and talents by volunteering at Poudre Valley Hospital, Medical Center of the Rockies or other Poudre Valley Health System sites. Hundreds of community members are volunteers.
You'll make new friends, enjoy a change of pace, gain a new perspective, learn more about health care, and, most importantly, you'll help the PVHS effort to provide world-class patient care for our community.
Examples of the many opportunities for volunteering:
- Greet families and friends in waiting rooms while their loved ones undergo surgery.
- Work in gifts shops in the two hospitals or Unique Repeats Thrift Shop near PVH; proceeds support PVHS services and programs.
- Drive carts to shuttle visitors to and from hospital parking lots.
- Assist with office duties.
- Stock supplies in work areas.
For those of you with lovable dogs, both hospitals offer hugely successful pet therapy programs--research has shown that interaction with pets can help in a patient's recovery. After you and your dog receive training, you escort your pet around to visit patients, visitors and staff members.
There's also a fun VolunTeen program at each hospital where teenagers from ages 14 through 17 deliver cookies to patients, assist with clerical duties, manage a recycling program (at MCR), and gain experience in many other areas— a great resume-builder for teens!
The process to become a volunteer includes an interview, orientation and training.
Poudre Valley Hospital
Medical Center of the Rockies