Phase one: cardiac rehabilitation while you are in the hospital
While you are in the hospital, you will receive information about cardiac illness, your medicines and guidelines for home activity. The cardiac rehabilitation program will help you resume physical activity and modify your lifestyle to reduce your chance for additional heart problems in the future.
Our phase one program education includes:
- Anatomy and physiology of the heart.
- Understanding heart disease.
- Cardiac risk factors.
- Guidelines for returning home.
- Reviewing/changing eating habits.
- Activity and exercise guidelines.
- Stress management.
- Smoking cessation.
- Medication review and education.
Medical social work: Counseling support available on request.