Help us create wigs for cancer patients
Watch the video!
Our goal is to encourage women and men to grow, cut and donate their healthy hair to make wigs for women and children who have lost their hair due to cancer treatments.
This event is a contest among all salons in Northern Colorado to see who can collectively cut the most number of inches. It's easy to do - just show up and help raise some hair! No registration needed.
The winning salon will receive the coveted "Hair Raiser of the Year" trophy. This traveling trophy will give the top salon bragging rights throughout the next year. Any stylist can participate and everyone is welcome to participate in the celebration. Participants receive a gift bag and the knowledge that they are helping cancer patients feel beautiful.
Date: Sunday, April 15, 2012
Where: Fossil Ridge High School
Time: 1 - 5 p.m.
Hair donation instructions (if you're not getting it cut at the event):
- Hair must be clean, shampooed and/or conditioned, without any styling, hairspray or additional hair products.
- Gather hair at the nape of the neck.
- Create a ponytail with an elastic band. Ensure the band is tight around the hair to keep the hair together after cutting. If the hair comes out of the band, it will not be usable. A second hair band can be placed around the middle of the ponytail to help keep the hair together.
- Ensure that the elastic band is just below where you want to cut your hair.
- Measure the length of the ponytail from the elastic band to the tips, ensuring hair is at least 8 inches long. There is no maximum length requirement.
- Cut the hair just above the elastic band such that the elastic band remains on the ponytail after cutting and keeps cut hair together. Do not wash or style the ponytail in any way after it has been cut off.
- Place the ponytail, kept intact with the elastic band, in a zipper-lock bag and seal tightly. Please ensure the ponytail is completely dry before bagging.
- If you would like written acknowledgement of your ponytail donation, please remember to include your full name and return address with the hair donation.
In appreciation of the sacrifice that a hair donation requires, please only accept hair you know can be used for its intended purposes.
For more information about this event, call Brooks at 970.493.6337