More precious than Olympic gold: a Magnet hospital an unprecedented four times in a row
Poudre Valley Hospital is ONE of only TEN
hospitals in the nation to receive the Magnet
award FOUR times in a row. READ MORE...
The American Nurses Credentialing Center designated Poudre Valley Hospital a Magnet hospital for the first time in 2000, the 18th hospital in the nation and the first in Colorado to receive this prestigious designation. PVH was redesignated after rigorous review in 2004, 2009 and once again in 2013.
The Magnet designation recognizes excellence in nursing services and is considered the gold standard for nursing practice.
Magnet recognition is based on five components:
- Transformational leadership
- Structural empowerment
- Exemplary professional practice
- New knowledge, Innovations and improvement
- Empirical quality outcomes
Poudre Valley Hospital's Magnet hospital designation benefits nurses and patients by:
- Placing a high value on the nursing profession
- Recruitment and retention of professional and quality nursing staff
- Collaborative relationships
- Professional environment
- Quality patient outcomes that rank in the top 10 percent in the country
- Each year, we recognize PVH nurses who exemplify excellence in nursing