Visits by therapy pets to the Poudre Valley Cancer Network's inpatient unit at Poudre Valley Hospital help patients relieve stress and experience joy.
Certified pet therapy dogs (and their trained volunteer handlers) are available for patients who would enjoy a friendly, calm and tail-wagging friend.
Visits by Family Pets
Family pets can also visit patients staying on the inpatient oncology unit, or even stay overnight (when specific conditions allow).
We recognize that your pets are part of the family. During cancer treatment, staying connected to your treasured pet can do a lot to comfort and lift your spirit.
Dogs and cats are allowed on the inpatient unit according to the following safety precautions:
- Your medical oncologist's approval of visit(s).
- Documentation from your veterinarian.
- Family member or friend's supervision of visiting pet.
- Good neighbor policy (dogs must be on leash; barking or loud pets must be removed from unit).
- Pet supplies must be self-provided (food, water dish).
Please talk with your oncology nurse if you have interest in a visit or stay from your own pet.