Blueberry Whole Wheat Pancakes
¾ cup whole wheat flour
¾ cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
4 tsp. sugar
2 large egg whites
1 ¼ cup fat-free milk
1 ½ tbsp. canola oil
¼ cup blueberries
1. In a small bowl, mix together both flours, baking powder, and sugar.
2. In a large bowl, beat egg whites, milk and oil until smoothly blended.
3. Add flour mixture to milk mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are evenly moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.)
4. Stir in blueberries.Heat a nonstick frying pan on medium heat. Spray with cooking spray if necessary.
5. For each pancake, spoon about 3 tablespoons batter into the hot pan. Spread to make a 4-inch circle.
6. Cook until bubbly on top and browned on bottom; then turn and cook other side (about 2 more minutes).
Makes 16 pancakes.
*Also great without blueberries! Serve with light maple syrup or top with yogurt and fruit for a great snack!
Nutrition per Serving (3 to 4 pancakes): 264 calories, 6 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 44 g carbs, 10 g protein
*Recipe adapted fromThe Best of Sunset Low-Fat Cook Book by UCHealth wellness dietitian, Virginia Clark, MS, RD