Medical careers information at Poudre Valley Health System
PVHS offers free informative open house sessions on various careers in health care. These sessions are offered to employees and others who want to enhance their career or explore new opportunities. Poudre Valley Health System professionals will share their educational background, career track, and experiences as experts in various career areas.
Medical careers information will vary. Examples may include:
- Admin/clerical, coding, EMT/paramedic, laboratory
- Nursing, nursing assistant, phlebotomy, pharmacy
- Radiology, rehabilitation, respiratory, hospitality
- Volunteer services, patient access, physical therapy, occupational therapy
Attendance is strongly encouraged prior to participating in the PVHS shadow program. Sessions are offered at both Medical Center of the Rockies and Poudre Valley Hospital throughout the year. Area schools that offer training in the careers are often available to provide information on their programs.
Upcoming medical careers sessions
We are working on new sessions and will have them posted as soon as we have them organized.
For more information, please call 970.495.7800 or 970.624.1240.
Information covered includes:
- Career advancement opportunities
- Required educational background
- Factors in career choice
- Personality traits each career demands
- Descriptions of job duties and requirements
Please note that these sessions are not career fairs. If you would like to view current openings at PVHS, visit our job openings page.
Human resources shadow program
Sometimes, individuals prefer to get a real-world view of a career before attending a medical information session, or afterwards to make sure it is a career path they wish to pursue. That's where the HR shadow program comes in. This program provides a one-time, observation-only experience that is two to four hours in length. Interested individuals are assigned to an employee in their area of interest and shadow them for a few hours of their work day.
Please note the following:
- Not all departments are available to shadow.
- A shadow session will not be scheduled until a shadow program packet is turned into Human Resources. Call the HR recruitment team at 970.495.7800 (PVH) or 970.624.1240 (MCR) with questions.
- This program does not satisfy post-secondary school requirements.
- This shadow program differs from the nursing shadowing program offered to new grads and hires.