The Poudre Valley Prenatal (PVP) program provides complete care for low-income women in northern Larimer County before and after their pregnancy and is based at the Family Medicine Center.
We have several experience obstetricians who oversee the PVP program. Our Family Medicine Center residents work under the direction of these obstetricians while they complete their residency. We also have nurses, a social worker and support staff to help care for patients.
The PVP program was founded in 1989 in a collaborative effort involving community members, physicians, the PVH Foundation and the Kellogg Foundation, which provided a grant to help fund the initiative. Residents of Larimer County who meet certain financial guidelines can become a PVP patient.
We offer several services for pregnant women including:
- Blood tests, a pap smear, cultures and urinalysis, possible ultrasound, health education and counseling.
- Labor and delivery care at Poudre Valley Hospital.
- Postpartum care for six weeks after your baby's birth.
- Classes about prenatal care and birth.
- Assistance with a Medicaid application and scheduling WIC appointments.
- Poudre Valley Prenatal is based at the Family Medicine Center. It is located two blocks north of Poudre Valley Hospital at 1025 Pennock Place. For more information, please call 970.495.8824.