Crackerin' with mozzarella
- Whole-grain, trans fat-free crackers.
- Low-fat mozzarella cheese slices or mozzarella sticks.
- Baby carrots, celery or some other veggie finger food.
- Cereal bar. Get the healthy type with low fat.
- Bottle of water.
- And write a short note to put in the sack to tell your child how much you love him or her!
Like many things culinary, the origin of mozzarella is full of mystery. Some accounts say mozzarella came about when cheese curds accidently fell into a pail of hot water in a
Naples cheese factory, and the cheese formed into a ball that tasted great. The word "mozzare," the literary root of mozzarella, means to cut off.
One of the earliest--possibly the first--reference to mozzarella occurred in a 1570 cookbook by the cook of the papal court. The first documentation of mozzarella used in a pizza was in 1889; the other ingredients on the pizza were tomato and pasta.
To learn more: