As the cardiovascular program which performs twice as many cardiac surgeries as any program in northern Colorado and leads the region in completed valve replacements, it was fitting that Heart Center of the Rockies of Poudre Valley Health System introduced northern Colorado's first and only Heart Valve Clinic.
Our mission is to care for the heart needs of your patients. As a referring provider to the Heart Valve Clinic, you decide how involved you would like our expert team to be. Our many patient care options include:
- Initial level - Cardiology consults only
- Shared care - Consult and follow-up with referring physician
- Full cardiac care - Consult and lead responsibility for cardiac care needs
- CV surgical consults only - no cardiology consult is required.
To refer a patient to the Heart Valve Clinic, call or fax us at:
What is a heart valve clinic?
The Heart Valve Clinic of Heart Center of the Rockies is a multispecialty, multidisciplinary clinic designed to assess, diagnose and treat patients with valvular heart disease.
What does a heart valve clinic do?
The Valve Clinic cardiac experts determine the need, type and timing of valve intervention.
What are the benefits of the Heart Center of the Rockies Heart Valve Clinic?
- Cardiologists and cardiovascular surgeons working side-by-side in one clinic location with regularly-scheduled, weekly clinic appointments available.
- A single telephone number for easy referral.
- Valve patient registry that tracks data to assess prevalence and outcomes.
- Similar to a tumor board, the Valve Board meets bi-monthly to discuss complex valve-related clinic cases and develop treatment plans. The board is comprised of team members from several medical disciplines to ensure a comprehensive approach to care.
- A dedicated, clinically-trained coordinator who ensures that patients receive seamless care throughout their health care experience and that their primary care provider is included during and after their treatment.
- Appropriate and timely follow-up to both the referring physician and patient.
What are the other services does the Heart Valve Clinic offer?
At our state-of-the-art inpatient and outpatient cardiac facilities, Heart Center of the Rockies offers innovative advancements in catheter and surgical-based valve interventions. Our cardiac services are complemented by nationally accredited imaging services that include cardiac MRI, echocardiography, nuclear imaging and cardiac CT.
Who can be referred to the Heart Valve Clinic?
The Heart Valve Clinic is for people with complex valve disease involving the aortic and mitral valves. We welcome those patients with co-morbidities and those who may have had multiple procedures but are not good surgical candidates.
How do I refer a patient?
We make our referral process easy by providing a single phone number, 970.624.1833. Our clinically-trained and dedicated coordinator will answer your questions. When appropriate, we schedule one appointment with all pertinent cardiac specialists so that patients don't have to endure multiple visits to different specialists.
For clinics that utilize Allscripts EMR, a drop-down feature will be available in the near future that will make the referral process even easier.