For quick, convenient helicopter dispatch, call Air Link at Medical Center of the Rockies at 855.405.5454.
R.A.P.I.D transport checklist
R - Recognize the condition.
A - Activate Air Link at Medical Center of the Rockies.
- Call helicopter dispatch, 855.405.5454.
- Request R.A.P.I.D transport and provide all patient information requested on the dispatch form.
P - Package and prepare the patient (I.e. EMTALA forms, labs, X-ray, EKG, chart, etc.).
I - Interventions and integration.
- Perform necessary critical interventions.
- Integrate with accepting physician.
D - Determine destination in region.
For Medical Center of the Rockies and Poudre Valley Hospital admission referrals that do not require a helicopter, call our PATHline at 1.888.853.4900.
Time dependent conditions
- Helicopters improve outcomes in patients with time dependent conditions.
- Acute STEMI.
- Acute ischemic stroke.
- Blunt or penetrating trauma when transient or non-responder.
- Epidural or subdural hematomas.
- AAA with leak or rupture.
- Thoracic aortic dissection.
- Poorly responsive septic shock.
- Cardiac arrest with ROSC and candidate for HACA/ICE.
- Acute pulmonary embolus with hemodynamic instability.
- Ruptured ectopic.
- Obstetrical emergencies (post-partum hemorrhage, ruptured uterus, etc.).
- Unstable GI bleeding.
- Limb ischemia.
- Compartment syndrome.
- Ovarian or testicular torsion.
- Strangulated hernias.
- Perforated viscous.
- Toxicologic or envenomation emergencies with needs for antidotes, antivenins or supportive ICU care.