WomenHeart Support Network
About the support network
WomenHeart is a coalition and community of thousands of members nationwide, including women heart patients and their families, physicians, health advocates and consumers committed to helping women live longer, healthier lives. At the center of the organization are more than 500 WomenHeart champions, all heart disease survivors, who have graduated from WomenHeart's Science and Leadership Symposium at Mayo Clinic.
Locally, WomenHeart is offered in affiliation with CHMG Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery.
The support network is open to all women who have experienced a heart event or are at risk for heart disease. The local support network offers:
- A safe place to exchange information and feelings.
- Help with overcoming the challenges of living with heart disease.
- Motivation for women to lead healthy lifestyles.
- Monthly education forums about heart disease and related topics.
- Women connecting with women who have experienced heart disease.
Join us! Call 970.297.6550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Learn more about heart disease education, women's programs, national events and more at the WomenHeart website.
Why a support group?
Here's what WomenHeart Support Network participant research revealed:
- 93 percent felt their quality of life was enhanced.
- 85 percent have improved their ability to communicate with their health care provider.
- 93 percent ahve increased their understanding of heart disease.
- 86 percent believe that attending meetings has helped better communicate and explain their heart disease with others.
- 78 percent believe that attending meetings has helped them maintain diet and nutrition lifestyle changes.
- 75 percent believe that attending meetings hashelped them maintain exercise / physical activity lifestyle changes.
Get a heart healthy action kit
WomenHeart offers a free kit which contains helpful information including:
- How the heart works.
- Six steps to a healthy heart.
- Questions to ask your doctor.
- Heart attack warning signs .
- A cholesterol screening locator.
- Eight easy steps to get more physically active.
- BMI assessment calculator .
- Disparities in care video narrated by Soledad O'Brien of CNN.
To order your kit, click here.
Meet the doctors
- Anthony Doing, M.D.
- C. Green, M.D.
- C. Johnson, M.D.
- Chad Stoltz, M.D.
- Dennis Larson, M.D.
- Gary Luckasen, M.D.
- Gerald Myers, M.D.
- J. Oldemeyer, M.D.
- Justin Strote, M.D.
- Mark Douthit, M.D.
- Mark Guadagnoli, M.D.
- Matthew Purvis, M.D.
- Michael Stanton, M.D.
- Robert Kiser, M.D.
- Roger Ashmore, M.D.
- Russell Heath, M.D.
- Stephen Treat, M.D.
- Thomas Downes, M.D.
- Thomas Matthew, M.D.
- Todd Whitsitt, M.D.
- Tristan Dow, M.D.
- Wendy Austin, M.D.
- William Baker, M.D.
- William Miller, M.D.
- William Sammond, M.D.